Arnold for 3ds Max is provided by the MAXtoA plug-in.
May 24, 2018
This is a feature release, using the Arnold 184.108.40.206 core, and is MAXtoA build 937.
Get the installer on Solid Angle Downloads.
- OptiX denoiser : the denoiser can now be applied on the beauty pass without needing to create extra AOVs.
- Noice denoiser: noice.exe can now be run from a dedicated UI, exposed as a new tab in the rendering options.
- Message logging system: the target file for the Arnold messages can now be set directly from the rendering options.
- Structured stats and profiling: render statistics and profiling info can now be output to json files.
- Fluids: rendering fluids as an Arnold Surface not working in Max 2018.
- Crash when trying to change the number of points of the Ramp RGB map.
- Wrong number of light, volume and alembic objects reported in the logged messages.
- Undo-ing the Set Parameter operator can crash Max.