Beauty AOV / Cryptomatte material AOV
Arnold supports Cryptomatte, an ID matte creation tool created by Psyop. It creates ID mattes automatically with support for motion blur, transparency, and depth of field. Names, object namespaces, and material names can be used to organize ID mattes in the scene.
- You will first need to download the Cryptomatte shaders.
- Copy them to the shaders folder of the MAXtoA plugin. This would typically be somewhere like this:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2018\Plugins\MAXtoA\cryptomatte.dll
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2018\Plugins\MAXtoA\cryptomatte.mtd
- In the AOVs tab of the Render Setup window, under the File Type, select EXR. The following cryptomatte AOVs should then be available:
crypto_asset creates the same matte for all assets.
crypto_material creates a matte based on the assigned shader.
crypto_object creates a matte based on the object name.
- Select the cryptomatte AOVs that you require and Add them.
- In the AOV Shaders section below, select a No Mat slot under Materials.
- In the Material/ Map Browser window, create a Cryptomatte shader.
- Render the scene. The cryptomatte AOVs should now be available in the Active Shade window.