4 September 2017
This is a bug fix release, getting rid of .asstoc files and fixing the curvature shader in refraction and reflection.
This release uses Arnold 18.104.22.168 and OpenVDB 4.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc4.8)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc14)
- Mac OS X 10.8+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- When exporting an .ass file, the bounding box is now written as
boundsmetadata in the .ass file itself instead of being written as a separate .asstoc file. Exporting .asstoc files is still possible but is now disabled by default. We will remove .asstoc support entirely in a future release (htoa#910)
- Curvature shading differences when seen through glossy transmission/reflection (core#6128)
- Crash during accel construction if there are over 65k overlapping primitives (core#6135)
- Alpha not fully opaque in output images (core#3319)
- Quad lights do not work with projected textures (core#6104)
- Indirect sample clamp not visible in AOVs (core#6136)
- Black AOV output due to conflicting AOV type redefinition (core#6151)
AiM4Scaling()does not work in Python (core#6166)
- Crash creating motion blurred
min_pixel_widthinside a procedural (core#6170)