4 October 2017
This is a bug fix release, fixing the locking of textures during rendering.
This release uses Arnold 18.104.22.168 and OpenVDB 4.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc4.8)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc14)
- Mac OS X 10.8+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- Improvements to the standard shader conversion for metals (htoa#939)
- The thread_pinning parameter on the options node is exposed on the Arnold ROP (htoa#945)
- Translation warning messages are no longer shown as errors (htoa#922)
- Rendering no longer locks source textures (htoa#943)
- The psutil python module does not require VS 2012 redistributable on Windows (htoa#857)
- Shader nodes have their help links updated to the Arnold 5 documentation (htoa#940)
- The wireframe shader is fixed when not in raster-space mode, removing some artifacts (core#6177)
- The triplanar shader now uses the correct mipmap levels for all faces (core#6186)
- The triplanar shader no longer uses overly high res mipmaps (core#6187)
- Fix for crash occurring in big scan-line EXR images (core#6202)
- Camera corruption restored after substantial forward zooming with kick -ipr m (core#6203)
- The photometric_light node's filename parameter now supports environment variable expansion (core#6219)
- The metallic BSDF albedo is no longer always white (core#6222)
See also the Arnold 22.214.171.124 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.