September 20 2014
This version uses the Arnold 188.8.131.52 core.
- EXR overscan support.
- Improved sampling (textured quad lights, Cook-Torrance specular and refraction).
- Reduced IO for shadow ray and rough glossy texture lookups.
- A new light manager.
- New Volume primitive, with OpenVDB support.
- Volume collector to support the new volume primitive.
- FumeFX extension is now handled by Sitni Sati and can be downloaded through their support page.
- Difference in microfacet BTDFs: Rough refraction viewed at grazing angles or using Phong-smoothed normals renders slightly darker now, especially for high roughness values. This affects the standard shader and AiMicrofacetBTDFIntegrate(), and fixes a bug in the previous BTDF sampling.