Beauty AOV / Cryptomatte material AOV
Arnold supports Cryptomatte, an ID matte creation tool created by Psyop. It creates ID mattes automatically with support for motion blur, transparency, and depth of field. Names, object namespaces, and material names can be used to organize ID mattes in the scene.
- You will first need to download the Cryptomatte shaders.
- Copy them to the shaders folder of the MtoA plugin. This would typically be somewhere like this:
- crypto_asset creates the same matte for all assets.
- crypto_material creates a matte based on the assigned shader.
- crypto_object creates a matte based on the object name.
- Create the cryptomatte AOVs that you require in the AOV Browser in the AOVs tab of the Render Settings window. Select an AOV and view it in the attribute editor. It should be visible in the Shader under Custom AOV.
- Render the scene. The cryptomatte AOVs should now be available in the Arnold RenderView window.